Thursday, June 18, 2009

What's up






Wow I have almost forgotten how to blog, it has been so long since the last time I posted!!

Not much to fill in on tho. We did have an ultrasound of the baby and the tech. knows what we are having. We do not =) I know that kills some ppl, but we are excited about the surprise to come. The baby is healthy and I am due Oct. 18th. So he said that we would try to do the c-section around the 12th or so. We will see when the time gets closer.

But the baby is kicking like crazy and there are times that I feel like I am being beat up from the inside, but I love it =) Caylob and Liana were the first ones to feel the baby move. Daddy still has not been able to. Every time he tries the baby just quits....go figure. Oh well he is ok with that.

I was having some issues a little while ago with contracting a lot, but they have pretty much stopped and all I get are the regular Braxton Hicks contractions. So that is a plus. I am able to be more active with this pregnancy. For the moment I am still able to cut the grass and clean the house I want it to be cleaned. I am even able to help in the garden that we have growing at my mother-in-law's house. And because of the activity I have lost a total of 10lbs and not gained any...woohoo. I just pray that I can keep that up. But that pretty much sums up about the baby.

On to Caylob. He graduated Pre-k on June 3rd. I cried of course because I am allowed to. I was saved the teasing because they blamed it on my pregnancy hormones...LOL. But it was a bittersweet day. I just kept thinking of how much he will miss not going to a school and stuff. And the only reason I doubted homeschooling for a brief time was because his teachers this year were so awesome. And I did so many classroom Mommy kind of things that I enjoyed. But then I thought about it even more. And I know that not all teachers are going to be like his teachers this year and they do not teach him what I want him to be taught in school. And I came back to reality. Now I am looking at homeschooling curriculum and things so that I can get him started the right way in the fall. But he was sad because he finally realized that he would not be going back to a school and I think it bummed him out a little. He really got upset the day after school let out because he would not see Ms. Judy and Ms. Lesa again. But he is fine now and he is ok with being home schooled. So all is well there.

Liana is doing so well. We have started chore things around the house with Caylob and she wants chores too. OH YEAH I am so gonna take advantage!! Well Caylob has to make his bed every day, and bless his little heart, he makes Jaycob's too without me even asking him to =) So sweet. But the first day that Caylob started this Liana went in her room and was really quiet for a min. Ok so I give her her time and she comes out and asks me to go look in her room. When I went in there she had made her bed up!!! I was so stinkin proud of her and she was too. I was overjoyed that they want to help out like that. They also vacuum their rooms. Of course I have to go back over Liana's because she is so short that the vacuum really never touches the floor. But they are proud of their rooms. And Mommy gets a semi break.

Jaycob is potty training. He is doing very well at it I must say. He even goes to the potty by himself sometimes which is a plus! The amount of pull ups that we use has really dropped because he gets to wear big boy undies. And he keeps those dry most every day!! We are amazed at how well he is doing and so proud of him too. I am just praying that he is done by the time little baby G comes.

All of the kids are excited about the baby. They are always careful around my belly. Caylob told me that he would make Jaycob's bed because I have a baby in my belly and that he did not want me to have to do it....sniff sniff. Too sweet. Liana is constantly telling me that my baby dropped. Um ok I have no clue what that is about, but ok =) Smile and walk away. And they always want to see if the baby is kicking. It is too funny, sometimes I have to make them go away. But they let me know that they can't wait till the baby comes. I think Caylob is a little worried tho, because every night at prayer time he askes God to keep me safe when I go to the hospital to have the baby. I think he thinks that I am going to have to go into the hospital early like I had to with Jaycob .

So that is pretty much all the updating I have. Not overly exciting, but not dull either =)

Have a good one all.

1 comments:

Courtney said...

I can understand the excitement of ultrasounds and stuff like that now that I have a little nephew on the way....so cool!!!!