Saturday, February 6, 2010

Wow I almost forgot how to do this =)

Well hi!! Long time no see. Although I have had plenty of things I could blog about here lately, I haven't had the gumption to get on here and blog. Sad huh. I am going to try and do better I promise.

Well I told a friend of mine a little while ago that I would get on here and give a recipe for some pizza dough. I have a class that I teach on Wed. nights for church and I have taken in some pizza rolls a couple of times. They are a hit with these kids!! I get asked all the time if I brought some. And I really hear it when I have not. LOL.

I have been trying out a lot of new things here lately, and a lot of them are turning out really good!! Last night I did coconut shrimp, and it tasted just like Red Lobster's. I even did the dipping sauce. Now I did not use the alcohol like the shrimp calls for, but it turned out just as good without it =) I have also been trying out some recipes that are better for you. We had homemade chimichongas this week and I must say I was very impressed. So I figured I would start sharing some of these yummy things that I am trying out with you guys!!

For now I will start with the pizza dough.

2 packets of self rising yeast (I get the rapid rise)


2 cups warm water

4 tbls of oil

1tsp sugar

1 tsp salt


5 cups all purpose flour

First dissolve the yeast into the warm water. Next add the oil, sugar, and salt. Then add the flour, you will need to knead it and then cover it with a towel and let it rise for 15-30 mins. After it has risen either roll it out and make pizza rolls out of it OR roll it out and put it on a pan and
make a whole pizza out of it. We have a pizza stone that works wonderfully with it. Bake it @ 350* for 12-15 mins or until golden brown. If you are making an actual pizza you will need to leave it in for at least 20 mins. and add more time for more toppings. Usually until the cheese is melted.

I use the Wal-mart brand pizza sauce.

I made this one on Thursday.



Enjoy!!! Have a good one everyone =)

4 comments:

Mindy said...

Well, now I will have to make these for the kids! They have been talking them up since the first time you made them. See ya in the morning!

Courtney said...

Glad you're back to blogging! I haven't had a chance to try your pizza rolls----hint hint ;-)

Sounds yummy!

Chandana said...

With GOD our each day will be joyful and cheerful, no matter whatever circumstances we could be going through.

http://www.holyoneofisrael-reconciliation.blogspot.com

This blog will be surely a blessing for you..

Have a blessed reading.

God bless you.

Becka said...

I'm sre going to try this , I was going to make us pizza fri-nt but my kids voted on going to eat,,
Hmmmmm? Are they trying to tell me something??? made they will like yours better.
I stopped by from Ms Tracy's blog, I enjoyed my visit,
Becka