Tuesday, October 21, 2008

The Big 05!!!

Happy Birthday to CAYLOB!!!!

Today my little man turned 5. I cannot believe that this day has come so fast. I feel like I just had him and now he is 5. Not only that he is going to school and trying to read on his own. They do not teach reading in pre-k. He is growing up so very fast and all I can do is cherish each passing day.

He could not wait for today to get here. Everyday for 2 months I heard this, "Mommy, tomorrow and I going to be 5?" I had to break his little heart every time. Then finally last night when he asked I was able to say YES and he was sooooo happy...lol. I love him so much, he is so funny. He told EVERYONE he saw today that he is 5. The janitor came in the room today while I was there for his party in his class and he mentioned it to him. The funninest thing tho, we had pizza tonight, per his request and as we were at the window ordering at Little Ceasars, he looks at the girl and says, "Hey you girl!" she looks in the window and says,"Hey cutie what's up?" and he says, " I am 5 today, did you know that already?" I just laughed and so did she.

When we got home from our errands the phone was ringing off the hook for him. After the first two, which he cut short, he looked at me and told me he was tired of talking on the phone and that he had already been sung to. He did not want anymore singing. HA we sang to him again after dinner, when I gave him his (also requested) chocolate birthday cake.

He had a pretty big day. I asked him if he had enjoyed his birthday today and he was quick to tell me yes, this was the bestest day!! He also asked me if he was going to be turning 6 when we have his birthday on Nov. 1. I could not help but laugh. It just cracks me up how their minds think. He was sure that today was his birthday and he was 5 and at his party, which meant another birthday, he was going to turn 6.

I got to thinking the other day about what life was like before little man blessed us with his presence. And there is not much to remember. That is how much of an impact a child can make in one's life! I thank God every day for the joy and the honor of being chosen to raise His child.

So happy 5th birthday Caylob, Mommy loves you very much!!!!

Here are a few pictures from when he woke up this morning and also some of his party from school.


1 comments:

Courtney said...

Bethany and I already sang to him, but tell him Happy Late Birthday for me again!!! :-)