Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fun in the Leaves.





For the past few days it has been rainy and dreary around here. Oh yeah and cold too! But I feel like we have been cooped up in the house for ever. So today when I got home from picking Caylob up from school I decided to rake the yard, and then let the kids play in the pile when it was done. I always loved doing that when I was a kid and I knew that they would too.

Well halfway through the front yard I already had a blister and I began thinking to myself..."What have I gotten myself into?" It was freezing out there and I broke a sweat. That was crazy, my hands were frozen and my head was watering...lol. Yeah I did not think that there were that many leaves either. I did not even do the whole front yard!! Oh well the outcome was well worth it.

I figured that Liana would do her prissy bit and say no, but she was the first one to dive head first into the leaves. I could not help but to laugh, her hair was everywhere (nothing new) but it had leaves in it too! Then comes
Caylob jumping in, he could not wait! Jaycob, my little daredevil was the skiddish one about it. Go figure. But as soon as he warmed up to it he loved it as well. I got my camera and took pictures. I love these kinds of memories.

After we came in we ate supper. Tonight was one of
Caylob's favorite meals, Chicken and Dumplings. Turns out it is one of Liana and Jaycob's as well. Man tonight went so good because after supper they had a bath and were done before daddy got home. When he came in he wore them out a little bit more.

So the kids went to bed without any problems tonight and I think that they were asleep as soon as they hit their pillows. They were wore plum out!! Ha you can't get any cheaper entertainment than that for kids, AND wear them out as well. Plus you get a memory to boot. I told
Caylob that we would have to do that again and he is convinced we are going to play in the leaves tomorrow night. You have to be careful what you say around him, he def. hears things different from what you mean...lol.

Either way here are some pics of our fun in the leaves. What are some fun memory making things that you all like to do with the kiddos?




1 comments:

Anonymous said...

i STILL love to go play out in the leaves and i am 20 yrs old..lol
it looks like they had a blast! cute pics!!