Friday, November 21, 2008

Ok seriously!

Well I feel now is the time to tell everyone what has been going on with me for the past probably month or so. I have not told many about it just for the sake of not knowing what is really going on.

Let me start out by telling you all that I have always suffered from heartburn. I have always just taken the medicine that they would give me and not think another thing about it. My dad has it and I figured it was hereditary. Well about a month ago I started getting a different kind of heartburn. One that did not go away with my usual medicine. I just knew that I was getting ulcers or something, but I did not want to go to the doc. I hate going to the doc., they always find something wrong with you. I know, I know, the reason you go to the doc is because there is something wrong with you. But I still don't like it. Anyways I just dealt with it for a little while. Meanwhile it was the month of October which is Breast Cancer Awareness month and I did a routine self check and wound up finding a lump on my right side. Breast cancer is in my family on both sides, I believe, so I got a little worried.

Well about 2 weeks ago I went to see my doctor and have her check me out. She started asking all kinds of things, about nausea, fatigue, dizziness, and a list of others. And as she was asking me I was thinking back, and come to find out I had been having most of them. In fact they were so bad the month before, nausea and fatigue, and all, that I thought I was pregnant. But I obviously I wasn't and I just started ignoring the symptoms. I chalked a lot of them up to being overweight. Well now lets get back on track with the doc. So she was asking me about these symptoms and I told her yes I was having them, so she had me lie on my back and she pressed on my right side under my rib cage. I THOUGHT I WAS GOING TO DIE!!! It shot a pain so bad into my back I wanted to hit her. Then she asked me if it hurt. I was like read the signs!! But yeah I told her it did and she told me that she would say that my gallbladder is not functioning properly. But to be on the safe side lets just try some new heart burn meds and see what happens,if in 2 wks the symptoms are still there, no questions asked, I have to have an ultrasound on my gallbladder. OK.

Then she did a breast exam and concluded that since it was a painful knot, that it may be a clogged duct, lets wait 2 weeks, take this anti inflammatory and apply heat 2xs a day, then come back in 2 weeks. If no change....ultrasound.

So off I go for 2 weeks diligent in applying heat and taking meds. And although the heartburn was less frequent, the pain was still bad. Also something told me to do another self check and I found 2 more lumps on my left breast, no pain. So I have been in a funk for about 2 weeks now.

I went to the doctor again yesterday. She pressed on me again, YEAH STILL HURTS! Then she checked on both of my breasts and concluded that I need ultrasounds on everything. She at first did not seem worried about the left side, but after she felt around a little more she kinda got quiet about them and did not mention anything else. Good way not to freak me out doc. Thanks! But I did ask her before she left the room and she told me not to get worried yet. Let's get these ultrasounds done and then we will talk.

If the ultrasound shows that my gallbladder is not functioning, she said that they will remove is. She also told me she is pretty sure that it will have to be removed, that is how confident she is that it is my gallbladder. Also the lump on my right breast may have to be removed just because it is painful. But not much was said about my left side. We will know more when we get the results of the ultrasound.

The answer to your question is Dec. 2. They are apparently closed all next week for Thanksgiving. Or they are booked up until then onw, I dunno. The wait is killing me tho. I don't like not knowing what is going on. BUT I am putting it in God's hand. I trust that He will take care of me,no matter what the outcome. The gallbladder does not bother me, that is an everyday outpatient procedure. It is the other issue that has me a little anxious.

So now there you have it. If I have been acting strange you know why now. Sorry if I have tho. I am not mad at anyone and I really thought that I was not showing my feelings that much. I did not want to tell anyone until I knew for sure. But even tho I don't know for sure I am telling you all now, so please pray, that all I have are cists and nothing more. Sorry for such a long post everyone.

Have a good one all!

0 comments: