Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Gourmet Breakfast

So this morning I woke up and decided that I was going to cook a "gourmet" breakfast for my family. I decided on sausage and cheese omelets with hash browns, Huddle House/Waffle House style, and I even wanted to try to do some biscuits too. Well I get up and get dressed and get the kids dressed. Then I decided a load of clothes needed to be started, so I started them and took the garbage out to the road because it will be picked up today. So finally at 8:30 I am ready to get started. Frank had to leave for a dr. appt. around 9:30 or 9:45. "This should not take that long" I tell him and off I go cooking. Well about 45MIN to an HOUR later I was done. And I did not even get to do the biscuits!!! Now I never said that I knew how to cook breakfast, so let me tell you how it turned out. The omelets were OKAY, the best tasting part of the breakfast, but I added WAY to much cheese to them. The hash browns were so stuck to the pan that it took me 15 mins. to clean them out of it. My kitchen was so smoky I could barely breath. And HALF the food wound up in the trash!!! Yeah I can cook dinner and it taste wonderful, but I have never been able to cook breakfast and it taste that good, but at least I try right?

So yeah this breakfast experience has really inspired my decision for lunch........SANDWICHES!!!


New topic, Frank has hurt his back and actually had to go to the E.R on Monday night, we were there till 3 a.m. and they called it a strain. He went to the doctor and now he has to have a M.R.I and she thinks it is a bulging disk and he cannot work until he has that done on Monday. This is so not even cool. We cannot afford him being off so long plus I know he is in pain and I don't like to see him hurt like this. Please pray that this is taken care of quickly.


Jaycob's crying really has not gotten much better since the tubes were put in, so I have absolutely NO CLUE as to why he cries so much. I decided to get the swing out today, because I remember how much he used to love it. So I put him in it and he go nuts. Laughing and he even figured out that rocking back and forth would make him go higher. He almost knocked the thing over twice. So I know th
at he is happy and I go off to do whatever I need to get done. Then Krissy comes to me and says, " Jennifer you should look at Jaycob." I am like OH my goodness he has tipped himself over and I go running and this is what I find. Now this only a couple of minutes after I walk away. Too cute!! I love him so much.

Then last night after we have o
ur prayer time we go to put Liana in the bed and this is what we find there. She got mad and started shooing them off the bed it was so funny!!















We never have a dull moment in this house.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cute pics!

As for Frank's back, I'm sorry. Worker's comp won't kick in?

Now, regarding your gourmet breakfast---First, I am impressed! You prepared, got your kidlets dressed and you tried. Secondly, ya may want to just stick to cereal. ;) It's relatively safe! hee hee

jodikeeling said...

I am lucky to get up and have Jon Caden dressed by 8:30... Well be praying for Frank....