Monday, June 9, 2008

Jaycob's Tubes

Well we made it. he is done and we are home and he was such a trooper. The procedure only took maybe 30 mins. for the tubes and molding the ear plugs. The doctor did say that Jaycob had a double ear infection (nothing new) and that because of this the tempanic membrane was 10x the thickness it should of been. Due to the swelling there was of course a little more bleeding than usual and he had blood coming out of his ears when we were brought back to the recovery room. He also suctioned a lot of fluid from behind Jaycob's ears that had the infection in it. So the doctor told us that we may still see some blood coming from his ears for a little while and that he will probably have drainage from his ears for a couple of days. But other that the ear infections and the extra bleeding everything was just as it should have been.

When Jaycob was in the recovery room he was ill for the first 30 mins. As soon as he saw me he said MAMA and held his arms out for me. My heart melted of course. But after about 30 mins and some apple juice with a side of graham cracker he was up and walking and you could not even tell he had just had surgery. He was given pain med in the surgery room and I have given him some since we have been home so I don't think he has had much pain, but only time will tell. So we are still somewhat debating on going to church tonight, but I am thinking not just for his comfort.

I am so happy to have this day over with. I just pray that it will bring some relief from all the crying. The real test will be if he starts sleeping through the night *fingers crossed*.

But I am wiped out and am going to take a nap for a bit with the rest of the family, yes you read that right the rest of the family, everyone is asleep at the same time and I am taking FULL advantage!!!!

1 comments:

Tracy said...

Wow! I would take a nap too! I wish I could sleep now. I'ts 6 a.m. Jeremy left early, the kids are still asleep and here I am wide awake! Go figure!