Saturday, June 7, 2008

Strep all around!!

Well go figure all 5 of us had strep throat. Dot is at the doc. now getting her kids checked. That was a time taking 6 kids to the doctors office to find out that three of them had strep and then they all had to get shots. So here is how we did it, it was funny. Frank kept the big guys out in the lobby while I took our three in the back, mind you the whole time Caylob is telling me,"Mommy I am not sick and I DO NOT need a shot. Are they going to give me a shot Mommy?" Yeah that made me feel horrible and all I could tell him is that we don't know until the test results come back. Then of course they came back all positive. That is my rate of luck. Anyways they all had to get a shot. Oh yeah and Jaycob STILL has an ear infection in his left ear. But back to the shots, as soon as Caylob hears this he just starts panicking and the other two are just looking at him like what? So I ask him if he wants to go first and get it over with or last. He chose last and I was kinda glad so the other two did not see him scream his head off. Well we started the shots, first was Jaycob and then I took him out to Frank in the waiting room. He barely cried at all. Then came Liana and she cried a little more but still not much. The doctor took him out to Frank. And then it was Caylob's turn. OH NO his world was over then. He screamed so loud that they heard him in the waiting room and the doctor stayed in the waiting room with the kids and FRANK came back to the room. Well we all have to go sit and wait for 15 mins. to make sure there was no reaction and Caylob is just balling saying she shot him too hard and in turn Liana pipes in every once in a while with a whaa. And then the nurse brought out Popsicles to all the kids. Now how nice was that. I have never know a doctors office to be so nice. I really do like them. But either way they all shut up when they got the popcicles. Caylob two days later still says he was not sick.

Update: Just got a call from Dot and her kids have it too!!! This is so NOT cool.

But as far as my family goes I believe we are all good and definitely feeling better. Caylob is not near as whinny and Jaycob is toddling off by himself playing. Liana is just herself. I think she gets more prissy as each day passes.

I just pray that nobody at church got sick from us =/

Well gotta go for now Jaycob has left a most unpleasant surprise in his diaper for me......

3 comments:

Tracy said...

Oh no not the other three too! I will be praying for you all...but I won't visit! :)

Mindy said...

I'm with Tracy. Hope all get well and soon.

Anonymous said...

I am coming in late on this one.... but ICK! Strep is one of those things that either you are on your death bed or you have no clue you have it.-- Go figure.
Here's to a speedy recovery!!