Monday, August 18, 2008

Choosing a Path.

So here is the thing. Caylob started school a week and a half ago. His first week he went on Tuesday, and then did not have to go back until Thursday, thus starting his school year. Well I made a promise to myself about a month before he started school that I was going to drop him off at school and go straight to the track and walk. Well I have held up to that promise so far.

The first week of school, on Tuesday, I went and dropped Caylob off and then I go to the track and do some stretching, I am psyched and and ready to go. I start off with a good pace, thinking to myself, "Piece of cake, I can do this." HAHAHAHA that was funny because about 50 feet later my calves start cramping up and I am loosing oxygen fast. And let me tell you, I felt like a man with the amount of sweat I poured out that day. My thought process quickly changed, "OK so maybe I am a little out of shape, no scratch that, A LOT." But I keep on, and let me tell ya, I was praying to God that he would just help me to make it around the track to my car. I made it, "OH that wasn't too bad, I might could slow down a little next time" Wed. I took a break. But come Thursday when I took Caylob to school, I went back at it, Friday too. They were not as excruciating as Tuesday. Well the first week, I was only able to walk about 1/2 a mile and like 212 feet.

Week two. I had rested the weekend and I was good to go on Monday. I made it around the track once and then when I got to my car I decided, "What the hey, I will go for another." Well I went around another time and I was fine. My legs hurt a little bit and my lazy side of me was mad, but all in all it was good. I was proud of myself for bumping it up a little. Well I continued until Thursday walking a mile and 424feet every day. Then Friday I got bit by something and had to go to the doc. So I did not walk that day. Also I had a fear, even if it is not true it still scares me, that if it was a poisonous spider that bit me I did not want to speed up my blood flow and let the venom get into my whole body. LOL I know I am weird. I never said I was completely sane. Who is?

Ok so today started week three. I do my usual two laps and then I get to my car again. Well I get adventerous and decide to walk another lap. Last week went smoothly, why shouldn't today. So off I go.... Yeah so about 75 feet away from the car my thighs start to tingle, then burn. Then it travels to my calves. OH no I can't do this. YES YOU CAN!!!! Onward I go. Now mind you every morning when I walk I take that time I have to myself to talk to God. That is my special time to talk to him about anything I need to get off my chest. Well this morning was no different. I often pray for him to help me get control back of my life, mostly my weight. I have let myself go for too long. And over the past two years, I have really worked hard and gotten back in control of my Spiritual life. Well now I am taking my next baby step and getting some self discipline. WOW back to the story, that was relevant by the way. Well I decided that I would take the short path on my third lap, because let me tell you I was hurting and burning and sweating like ewww. I talk to God and this is what I said, "Lord I think I was possessed into walking this third lap, but will you pleeeeeeeeeeaaaaasssseeeee help me at make it through the short path." So before I knew it I was taking the long path. "Lord this is not the path I intended to take." But then my legs stopped hurting and I kind of relaxed a little and kept on going with a sense of ease. In no time I was pulling out of the parking lot, on my way home.

As I was driving home I got to thinking about it. I was so ready to choose my own path and by putting my faith in Him he chose my path for me. He showed me that even though it looked daunting and I felt like I could not do it, I really could. It is amazing how something as simple as walking can bring that to someone's attention. It is so very true tho. I realized that I let my flesh choose to many of my paths and I don't put enough faith in God to choose my life's paths for me. I really needed that walk this morning, not only for my health, but for my spiritual health as well.

So just remember when you come to a fork in your life that has an easy way out and a tough, but better way, put your faith in Him and he will see you through. It may not be the path you wanted, but in the end you will come out on the better side!!

2 comments:

Courtney said...

So very true. Thanks for writing this. :)

Anonymous said...

GO JENNIFER!!!!
you have made a very good point..too many time we forget to lean on God and try to walk down on our path and then we wind up lost! Good thing He gets us back on track!
I LOVE YOU!!!
(thanks for FINALLY writing something so i could read it while i was at work!! hehe!)