Tuesday, August 5, 2008

First Day of Pre-K!!

Well today was the day my baby boy officially went solo. Caylob started his pre-k class today. And boy oh boy was he excited. Mommy not so much. But we both made it through and I did not even shed a single tear. Yay for MOMMY!!! Everyone thought I would be an emotional basket case and I proved them all wrong...lol. So I took pictures of EVERYTHING from him ready to leave, to the car ride, etc., etc.

He was so funny this morning. I guess he was laying awake in there waiting to hear my alarm go off, because when I came out of my room with my eyes barely open at 6:15A.M. He came running out of his, "Mommy can I get dressed now?!?!" Had I not been somewhat asleep that would have been so darn cute...lol. No it really was and I think I was just as excited as he was because I did not sleep much at all last night. So either way, him and I get ready and I start baking some muffins. BTW I was told to try the blueberry cheesecake muffins, and now I am hooked. Anyone who hasn't tried them go NOW!! Ok back to the story. He is ready in like 5 seconds flat it seems, shoes and all. I was impressed. Then it dawned on me right in the middle of baking that he would be eating breakfast at school..DUH!! Oh well the rest of us had a pretty good breakfast. He ate one and drank some milk to pass the time of EVERYONE getting ready. So while we were eating I decide to get the camera out..hehe. I start snapping away and he posed for a bit and then told me it was enough we needed to go.

Well into the van we go ALL of us. Yeah we made this a family event. I was taking pics of us on the way and things like that and of course Frank was like, " you know you have issues right?" I just told him that he knew how I was when he married me. So we get to school and the gang gets out and onward we go. Ok so I all getting anxious and Caylob is like, "This is soo cool Mom and Dad!" I felt like Nemo's Dad saying, "Are you sure you don't want to wait another year...or two?"

Well we get to the door finally and in he goes and say hey to the teacher and he was gone. My baby boy grew up. He did not need Mommy to go with him to meet new people. He was not shy and did not tuck his little face into Mommy's leg like he used to. Liana on the other hand kind of filled that void I guess, because she latched on like a leach...lol. Jaycob was like WOW TOYS!!! Let's go!! But Caylob was ready to get the day started and I was free to go if I wanted to. I of course hung around a few minutes because Liana and Jaycob were playing. When it came time to leave Liana and Jaycob fought. That was kind of funny.

So we got in the van and I went and walked around the track. Which I am going to start doing every morning I can after I drop him off. When we finally got home it was so quiet in the house. Jaycob and Liana were like, "Well what do we do now?" They layed down for a nap early, so that they will be ready to go to bed early tonight.

But all in all they day went well. I am anxiously awaiting 2:45 to get here so that I can go get him and see how his day went!! LOL at 9:35 I looked at the clock and said, "I wonder what Caylob is doing right now?" Frank looked at me and said, "Uh NO you are not gonna be like THAT are you?" I just laughed because I knew it would get a rise out of him.

But here are some pictures. Enjoy!!


4 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow i cant believe he is already starting pre-k!! he grew up so fast! he looks so excited about school..i'm not sure how long that will last! lol
you werent kiddin about taking pics of everything were ya!?! jk ;)

Tracy said...

Awwww.....that is so sad! I always hated the first day of school. (They grow up WAY too fast.) I still do ;o} just for different reasons. I hope he had a great day!

Anonymous said...

Love the photo session! :o}
Can't wait to hear the details.

Mindy said...

We hope Caylob had a great first day of school. I was like you with the picture taking, it's something you will always want to remember. Oh, the blueberry cheesecake muffins... those have always been our favorite. I can sit and eat a whole mini muffin pan full.(if I let myself)YUMMY